Deadline: 30 April 2021 г.
Department: Information Technologies (IT)
Reports to: IT Officer
Duty Station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the IT Officer, the IT Intern performs a variety of moderately multifaceted IT support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Maintains, tests, and repairs systems. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals to achieve desired results. Utilizes computer equipment, software, and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments besides resolving routine technical problems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the IT Intern is to:
- Set up and maintain computer, communication, and audio-visual equipment
- Assist faculty and staff with multimedia systems
- Ensure that all equipment is in good running condition and make sure they are maintained properly and wherever required are repaired including the IT Labs
- Plan routine check-up and maintenance of all equipment and accessories. Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement
- Keep a log of day-to-day problems and resolution with the hardware and software
- Give any kind of basic IT training/ orientation of IT equipment for the staff if required
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for staff when required. Respond to the request of the staff if help is needed for repair and installation of new hardware or software
- Maintain storage of equipment; make sure the equipment and accessories are properly stored and tracked
- Assist in IT equipment inventory management
- Work closely with the IT staff to provide effective end-user support and issue resolution
- Maintain communication with the supervisor on all tasks and projects
- Substitute IT colleagues while they are on leave
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Just Graduated/Graduating students in Computer Science field (IT)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Excellent customer service skills, with an attitude to learn and improve skills
- Good team player with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues
- Knowledge of Operation Systems: Windows 7/10
Language: Good command of written and spoken English is a requirement. Knowledge of Russian/Kyrgyz/Kazakh/Tajik is added value
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com by 30 April 2021.
Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “IT Intern”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.